Just like choosing a fishing reel, picking up the perfect one from the so-called best telescopic fishing rods can end in a sad story.
To find the best value for your money, you have to check certain things before you finally decide to grab the one for you.
Length, material, and flexibility are three facts that you must consider every time you want to buy a fishing rod. For your better understanding, we’ve discussed these three facts at the end of this article.
Our Pick For The 5 Best Telescopic Fishing Rods
Now there are too many on the market to choose from, how can you discover the best telescopic fishing rod for you. Don’t worry as we have covered an unbiased review on five of the best collapsible fishing rods available in 2017. Here’s a quick preview of our top picks for the best telescopic fishing rods in the current market.
Best Telescopic Fishing Rods Buying Guide – Things to Consider
Well, as you have made your mind to miss your wife for this weekend, you better make every pull of the rod count. Fishing is without a doubt an outdoorsman’s favorite sport.
But before hitting the water you need to gear up. So let’s see what the best telescopic fishing rods available are.
But first, you need to know some basics. Which rod and gear set is going to suit you largely depends on the type of fishing you are going to do.
There is no magic rod which is good for everything. You need to know what species you want to catch and how the fishing ground is, its covers and other features. Lastly, think of your fishing techniques when choosing a rod.
If you are an experienced angler or even if you just started fishing with your old man last summer you sure have started to feel how a perfect rod for you should be.
But there are some variables which are almost true in every situation. These are the fact that you need to keep in mind when choosing a rod,
- Strength: The rod must not be made of only graphite or similar materials. It makes the rod brittle and tends to break easily when in stress. Carbon fiber composite rods are preferable and are not uncommon.
- Length: The length should be neither too long nor too short. Long rods give more casting ability and leverage but are not good in shallow waters. Where small rods are good for accurate casting but give very less leverage. A rod around 7 feet is preferred.
- Sensitivity: the rod should be made up of such composites that makes it sensitive to smaller vibrations in the line.
- Casting: care about how long and accurate your casting needs to be.
- Corrosion resistance: if there is metal be sure that it is corrosion resistant.
Two more important facts to consider when judging a rod is Rod Action and Rod Power. But to be very clear, there is no industry standards for this.
- Rod Action: to put it simply rod action is where the rod is bending.
If the rod is bending in the first quartile from the top than it is a fast action rod.
If the rod is bending in the middle than it is a medium action rod.
If the rod is bending in the third quartile from the top than it is a slow action rod.
The accuracy of the casting depends mostly on the rod actions. Also, moderate action and slower action rods are more sensitive than fast action rods.
- Rod Power: the resistance of a rod to flexing is rod power. The more the rod bends the lighter the rod is.
You need just the right amount of power. If there is too much power you will bend the hook and probably lose the fish and if too less power the hook will not penetrate the fish’s mouth.
You also need to make sure that the power is enough to pull a heavy fish from cover.
Another very very important fact about making the right choice is understanding what the comparative prices are. Some rods displayed are just for rods and some are for a whole kit. I know it’s a bit baffling. So let me help you to make it simple.
Do You Really Need The Best Telescopic Rod?
There’s a lot of controversies if a telescopic fishing rod better than a normal fishing rod for fishing in creeks and seas or not. Both of the wings have legitimate points.
But, come on. It’s a specialized rod after all. Apart from the fact that it provides portability for anglers, it also does add an extra bit of productivity and excellence when you are fishing for certain techniques.
Let’s keep things simple. Telescopic fishing rods have become very widespread amongst our anglers community since the past couple of years.
The reasons are obvious
Their affordable price and collapsible design that makes them extremely portable.
If you are amongst the coolest surf fishermen and you love driving down the road going over rivers, creeks or lakes to fish then you are looking for the right thing to match your taste.
Telescopic rods have extremely high flexibility and a wide variety of replacement parts so that you don’t have to throw them in the garage in case of any problem.
As we love to get the best out of your money, we never hide the cons.
And the only issue here is the deterioration and damage, since opening and closing the parts can damage them. So you have to clean it every time you use it.
Other than this, I put one in my car all the times so whenever I drive past a lake or pond and I’d like to fish.
Best Telescopic Fishing Rods Reviews
1. Sougayilang Spinning Telescopic Fishing Rod Graphite Carbon Fiber
- The Sougayilang Black Hawk Telescoping Travel Spinning Fishing Rods Are Made of High Density 24 Ton Carbon Fiber and E-Glass Composite for Great Power and Sensitivity. It's Light Weight and Perfectly...
- The Exquisite Reel Seat Is Made of Corrosion Resistant CNC Machined Aluminum for Years of Worry Free Fishing.
- Three Point Welded Stainless Steel Guides with Ceramic Inserts for Use with Braided or Mono Fishing Line and Providing Saltwater Approved Corrosion Resistant and Power Control.
- Light Weight and Portable, Easily Fits In Car Trunk, Boat Hatch or Backpack. Sougayilang Telescopic Rods Allow You To Travel To Your Favorite Fishing Spot and Enjoy Fishing Whenever and Wherever You...
- Various Sizes and Lengths Available for Freshwater Bass Trout Fishing, Saltwater Surf Fishing or Inshore Fishing. We Are Proud To Present You The Worry-free 1 Year Warranty!
Be serious when you handle this beast. It is a 24-ton carbon fiber and a rare E-Glass construction which can deadlift 10 pounds. It is a compound consisting of high-density graphite which makes it sensitive to small vibrations in the line.
You might be thinking that, ok, it’s strong, but is it corrosion free? Especially when you want to hunt in the sea. Well, it is. Its line guides are made of a ceramic composite which makes it incredibly durable. You can conquer both the sweet and salt waters with this. The metals used in it are aluminum and steel making it very lightweight which increases mobility.
It is easy to carry and comes with a small bag for comfort. As it is telescoping, an over eight feet rod can even come down under a foot. It comes with a handy bag for making it easy to carry. It also has a 1-year warranty.
Being a fast medium action rod, it is good for accuracy. Also, a medium-light powered rod which allows easy penetration of the fish’s mouth.
Now let’s look into the things that the rod has sacrificed for achieving its reputation. It has a skinny feel, but that is my personal choice. You might even like it. Now, on rare occasions, the line guide may come off for excessive pressure but it is easily repairable. Another big problem which can occur for novice fishermen that it doesn’t come with a kit. You have to find other parts like the reel, hooks, lure, and sinkers from elsewhere.
2. PLUSINNO Spin Spinning Rod and Reel Combos Carbon Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 🎣 Warm Prompt: Full Kit with Carrier Case include 1 FISHING ROD + 1 FISHING REEL + FISHING LINE + VARIOUS FISHING LURES + FISHING HOOKS + SOME NECESSARY ACCESSORIES + CARRIER BAG.
- 🎣 Full Kit with Carrier Case is special made for novice, including necessary accessories for fishing. You can use it without buying any other accessories from anywhere.
- 🎣 Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make your fishing pole hard & durable. Stainless Steel Hooded Reel Seats is anti-seawater corrosion; EVA Fore Grip for...
- 🎣 Instant anti-reverse; Power drive gear equipped for high strength. Deep aluminium spool with double color and one line holes; More short body with large spool and large line capacity. Line...
- 🎣 Best Valentine's Day Gifts For boyfriend, girlfriend, fiance, husband. We love our customers and 12 months warranty provided. If any problem, please contact us firstly and our customer...
Fishing is a calm and satisfying sport. But not so much when you have messed up all your gear. That’s why PLUSINNO spin spinning rods are so customer favorite because they come with a kit. The rod will come together with a reel, a set of hooks, a line, a set of lures, sinkers and some other tools. And all of this will come in a tidy carrying case. If you want you can also purchase only the rod.
The PLUSINNO rod is made of high-density carbon fiber and fiberglass alloy making it very strong and giving it the perfect elasticity. It also has ceramic inserts to make it corrosion free. This bad boy is armed with an Instant anti-reverse; Power drive gear to give it a tony stark effect. It has a very good feel. It has an EVA foam for a comfortable and strong grip. The reel and line that comes with are pretty strong.
Medium powered rod, making it suitable for a long range of fishes and fishing grounds, it will also provide good penetration and flexibility. Plus, a good gear ratio of 5:2:1.
Comes with a 1-year warranty. But I don’t think you will need to use that.
A 2.1-meter rod with full kit and carrier case will cost you 64$. If you went out and try to buy all the gears from other places it will cost 10$ to 25$ more. This is a big advantage of this rod. You get everything in one place and the price in comparatively less.
Now, I know, so far, it seems the excellent rod you always wanted. But yet, there are some setbacks. Like, sometimes, the line guides might stuck.
3. Eagle Claw Pack-It Telescopic Spinning Rod, 5-Feet x 6-Inch
- Highest quality angler gear for all types of fishers
- Trusted for reliability, durability, and strength
- Quality and field tested to ensure you can compete with the best
- 1 hooks per pack
- Durable glass construction
- EVA foam handle
- Ceramic guides
- 1 Year Warranty
Fairly light-weight telescoping fishing rod. Very easy to carry. It might just fit in your pocket. Don’t push too hard though. Or your next order might just be a pair of pajamas.
It is a heavy duty rod. Its less weight doesn’t hinder its strength. Reports of its breaking are not common. Durable glass construction makes these rods perfect for the trail, trunk or turbo-prop. It also has ceramic inserts to make it corrosion free and durable. It has EVA foaming in the handle to give it a nice feeling and comfortable handling.
The cheapest option here. A 5 to 6 feet rod will cost only 16 dollars. You might be thinking what about the other tools. Add another 15 dollars to buy a drag spin reel and another 10$ for top quality lures, sinkers, and other tools. So, in the end, it will cost just over 40 dollars. It is significantly low compared to other rods. All of the prices mentioned above are top quality tools. But if you are looking for something a little bit cheaper than you can go for lesser quality. Small tools like baits, sinkers, and hooks will be lost in the water or at your home all the time. So it is not a bad decision to get them cheap.
Actually very good for your teenage anglers. Good for fishing in the ponds and lakes where you will not need that much of lift. So don’t wait for his next birthday.
This is a moderate action and medium light power rod. Very long range casting.
There is a 1-year warranty.
I have had problems with casting and sometimes it also catches rubble in the water.
But the biggest problem is with the length. It is just 5.5 feet when extended where an ideal one is 7 feet. It does not have any size options. That explains the less price. It provides very less leverage. It also makes pulling fish out of covers very hard.
4. Pocket Fishing Rod Metal Reel Seat Super Hard Mini Size Portable Telescopic Fishing Pole
- Telescoping fishing rod is made from carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass, So it is good elasticity, hard,durable and light weight.Strong-Anti-saltwater corrosion machined aluminum steel hooded reel...
- Micro fishing rod guides is easy to cast, suitable for fishing beginner in freshwater. With braided or mono fishing line and providing saltwater approved corrosion resistant and power...
- Mini pocket fishing rod is so short when pull back and so long when pull out. 10.62in-12.79in closed length is easy to put in backpack.The smaller open size are 51.18in and 59inch,Ideal for kids youth...
- Fishing with kids is a great family outdoors activity.Whether you're going fishing for the first time or you've decided to recreate your favourite childhood memory for your kids, here's the fishing...
- We have one year warranty for our fishing rod,Please rest assured to buy!
It’s handsome. So much that I put it on the first line. Now let’s see how much skill it has.
Made of a compound of carbon fiber and fiberglass making it strong and sensitive to vibrations in the line. It also has stainless steel guides and ceramic inserts making it more durable and corrosion free.
One of the smallest when folded, just over a foot. The right thing for bag packers. But it can hold up to 8 pounds of fish like bass and trout. It is good for both sweet water, salt water, stream fishing and river fishing.
You might want to choose a smaller reel for it otherwise it might cause some strange lure action. Users have complained that the top parts break off when fishing but my opinion is that if under the recommended line and lure weight it will perform finely for years.
5. Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod Spinning Freshwater Saltwater Travel Retractable Rods
- The Goture SWORD telescopic travel spinning fishing rods are made of high density 24 ton carbon fiber and E-Glass composite for great power and sensitivity. It's light weight and perfectly balanced,...
- The exquisite reel seat is made of Corrosion resistant CNC Machined Aluminum for years of worry free fishing.
- Three point welded stainless steel guides with ceramic inserts for use with braided or mono fishing line and providing saltwater approved corrosion resistant and power control.
- Light weight and portable, easily fits in car trunk, boat or backpack. Goture SWORD telescopic rods allow you to travel to your favorite fishing spot and enjoy fishing whenever and wherever you want.
- Various sizes and lengths available for freshwater bass trout fishing, saltwater surf fishing or inshore fishing.
A very interesting fact about this rod is, it is heavy power but slow action. It means that it will not be that much parabolic but it will start bending way back in the 3rd quartile of the rod from the top. This will give it an exclusive accuracy and lift. It also will help pulling the big fishes out of the water. Brilliant piece of engineering. You will not find this combination in any other rods available in the market.
The Goture Telescopic Fishing Rod is made with 24-ton carbon fiber and E-Glass composite. It is very well balanced and perfect rod for a broad range of fishes. The rod is durable and corrosion free. It will feel very comfy and will create a motivation for fishing. Also, being lightweight and easy to carry, it simply takes fishing to another level.
Another lucrative feature of this rod is its butt cap. It will allow you to fish comfortably with a fishing belt. It has a speed EVA butt handle which gives you a stronghold in wet conditions. It can lift almost any sized fish which can grab your hook.
This piece of excellence would end up top in the rank if it was not for the company’s poor management. A number of consumers have complained the rod to be broken after it has arrived at them. But this is very rare.
Well, in different situations different rods are preferable. Like our Eagle Claw didn’t make it to the top three but if you want to get your child one rod this would be the best one. The Goture is a very well designed rod. You will need to know some angling techniques to use that to its fullest capabilities. And we would suggest the Sougaylang for an experienced fish hunter to pull out monsters from the deep. But our number 1 pick will be PLUSINNO Spin Spinning Rod and Reel Combos Carbon Telescopic Fishing Rod. They made it challenging for me to write negative comments about the rod. Let me tell you a very personal admiration of this best telescopic fishing rod;
“When you go back home in a Sunday afternoon and your wife is damn mad at you, the PLUSINNO rod will make you feel good.”
We hope you liked our Best Telescopic Fishing Rods, let us know which one you picked in the comments section below.